Selling My Home
WHAT IS THE PROCESS FOR SELLING MY HOME?
The purpose of this document is to give you some idea of what happens in the process of selling your home.
There are four main stages:-
1) FIRST STEPS
- We will contact your Estate Agent (if any)
- We will obtain an up to date figure from your mortgage company/loan provider to show what is owed on your home.
- We will prepare and send out a draft Contract for Sale to your Buyer’s Solicitor.
- We will reply to any questions about the property sent to us by your Buyer’s Solicitor.
- We will ask you to come in to check and sign the necessary legal documents or if you have already provided your identification to one of our offices then we can post all the documents to you for signature.
2) EXCHANGE OF CONTRACTS
When all of the above matters are completed and if your Buyer is ready, we will be in a position to exchange Contracts. This will legally bind both you and your Buyer to complete the transaction.
3) AFTER EXCHANGE OF CONTRACTS AND BEFORE COMPLETION
Once exchange of contracts has taken place the date for completion is legally fixed – completion day is your moving day.
Therefore, after exchange you can:-
- Book and confirm your Removal Firm.
- Make a diary note to read the gas and electricity meters and the telephone transferred etc. on completion day.
- You can start to deal with preparing all the letters you will need to notify utility companies, the local authority, friends and family about your change of address.
- We will:-
- Approve the final legal documents for the transfer of ownership
- Reply to any final queries
- Obtain final figures from your mortgage company/loan provider to show what is owed on your home
4) COMPLETION (MOVING) DAY
Your Buyer’s Solicitor will transfer the purchase money to us and in exchange we hand over your deeds.A key and access to your property should usually be available to the Buyer between 12 noon and 2.30 pm on the date of completion. This time is for guidance only.We can then provide our final account to you.
WHY CHOOSE FORSTER DEAN TO SELL YOUR HOME
- We do not charge you for any of our time spent if you do not proceed
- You will have a dedicated case handler
- We provide you with multiple means of communication to ensure that you are able to make contact with us 24/7.
- You will receive a free login code and password to check the progress of your case
- We do not pay a referral fee to any third party for your case – you choose us to be your solicitor because you want to.
- As the largest High Street Law Firm in the UK, we have 29 offices throughout the North West and you may call into any one of them to ask our friendly approachable staff about your case.
- We do not outsource work, and we are NOT a call centre
- We are accredited under the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme – a status only available to firms who meet with the strict procedural checks and balances imposed by the scheme.
We care about our clients and pride ourselves on the excellent service we offer.