Over the years, employment law has become quite complicated. There is plenty of legislation in place to protect workers and several processes that employers must implement to stay on the right side of the law. It can all be very confusing to say the least. Not only that, legal frameworks change all the time, which can make it even more difficult to understand what needs to be done.
For many businesses owners, particularly start-ups and small companies, knowing where you stand in terms of the legal side of things is vital. Getting it wrong can not only lead to a disgruntled workforce but can also leave you open to litigation. It’s always best to get legal advice from someone who knows what they are talking about and is experienced in employment law.
On the other side of the coin, employees are often not aware of their rights and getting access to a qualified and experienced employment law solicitor can make all the difference. There are a variety of different reasons why an employer might have a case to answer. The prospect of large fees and difficult legal processes can put off individual employees. At Forster Dean in St Helens, we provide an initial free consultation which means you can get the advice you need without any obligation to take it further.
Employment Law for Businesses:
There are plenty of reasons why you should want to meet with a solicitor, including:
- You might be drawing up a contract of employment and need to make sure you cover everything in the document and don’t include anything incorrect or illegal.
- You may be taken to an employment tribunal by a disgruntled member of staff and need help with the documentation and representation.
- You might be a growing business and need some greater understanding of current legislation and the processes you must legally implement for your workforce.
- You may have to make some of your workforce redundant and need to cover all the legal aspects.
Employment Law for Employees:
It’s difficult to know what your rights are when a problem occurs, so meeting with a solicitor makes perfect sense.
- You might be facing discrimination in the workplace and want to know what your next step should be.
- You may want to take legal action for what you see as unfair dismissal but need to see if you have a case.
- You could be suffering from excessive stress in the workplace and wonder if there is anything you can do.
- You might be on a zero hours contract and believe your employer is taking advantage of you.
- Perhaps you’re doing the same job as someone else but not getting paid the same.
- Your employer could be taking disciplinary action against you and you want to know where you stand.
For both employers and employees, getting the best advice so that you can make an informed decision is vital. The good news is that you can get your initial advice for free. At Forster Dean in St Helen’s that means you can see if you need to hire the services of a solicitor before you need to pay out money. Contact us today to find out more.