Purchasing a property is a very exciting time although sometimes the process can be quite lengthy and stressful whether you are a first time buyer or have purchased a property before. We therefore do our utmost to make this as quick and stress free for you as we possibly can by allocating one of our professional experienced Conveyancers to guide you through the process from start to finish.
In a straightforward purchase with no unusual problems arising our procedure (briefly) is as follows:
- We take your instructions i.e. details of the property to be purchased etc.
- We obtain a draft Contract from the Vendor’s Solicitors.
- We obtain all relevant Conveyancing Searches that are applicable to the property.
- We raise standard Enquiries of the Vendor’s Solicitors re: Boundaries, Fixtures and Fittings, building works carried out etc.
- We investigate Legal Title.
- We receive a copy of your mortgage offer from your Bank or Building Society. Please deal with any correspondence or queries from your Building Society immediately since delays at this stage can hold up the whole process of buying.
- We report to you on the property that you are purchasing and obtain your signature on all the legal paperwork and obtain your deposit monies.
- We discuss dates of completion with you and the rest of the Conveyancing chain.
- When all of the chain is ready we exchange contracts- this is the stage where the date of completion is legally fixed and there are legally binding obligations on all parties to the Conveyancing chain.
- We carry out the completion searches.
- You may move in on the date of legal completion.
- We register you as the new legal owners of the property at the Land Registry.
Speak to us today on 0808 278 5363 to find out how we can help. Our office doors are open should you wish to stop by to discuss your claim, or you can even get in touch with us using our online form.